Understanding ideal customer profiles is an essential step in the marketing process in business. If you do not know what is target audience?, how can you have an effective marketing strategy?
Ideal customer profiles in Malaysia leverage an innovative and comprehensive ten-segment model for effective market investigation and identifying the ideal customer profiles in Malaysia. The ICP is based on segmentation criteria using demographics, lifestyle, mindset, orientation, consumer behavior, and values and orientation.
The list is created from a global survey of 30,000 consumers who have various and relatively homogeneous consumer characteristics and buying behavior. After thorough research, you can filter out the ideal customer profile. Thus, the data is consistent with seamless transitions across borders, making the ideal customer profile database perfect for any kind of project.
An effective database helps you perform better in your marketing strategies. But,
- What is Ideal Customer Profile and Who is an ideal customer?
- Why is the ideal customer profile important?
- How to create an ideal customer profile?
- Find Target ICP with AI Sales Intelligence
Let’s scroll down to learn now!
Who is an Ideal Customer?
Before we learn about the importance and how to build an ideal customer profile, let us learn what an ideal customer profile is?
A customer profile basically represents or describes a specific type of customer that matches the needs and interests of the brand. Your ideal customer profile Malaysia informs you about the basics of your customers’ needs and wants. It includes a wide range of characteristics like demographics, geographical location, firmographics, technographic, psychological information, and personal factors including lifestyle, interests, etc.
Ideal customer profiles define environmental, firmographic, and behavioral attributes for accounts expected to become the company’s valuable customers. The ideal customer profile, also known as a buyer persona, is built via quantitative and qualitative analysis, including software’s predictive analysis.
Do not confuse the target customers with the ideal customer profile. Target customer means presenting a set of people that the company is marketing to for the products and services. On the other hand, ICP represents the value of prospects that are most likely to purchase with your brand.
The ICP should not be confused with the total targetable market, which means calculations or estimates of the group of potential target customers. ICP acts as a foundational and organizational decision that impacts downstream sales and marketing strategies. It helps align sales, services, marketing, and executive teams to high-value accounts.
ICP helps in focusing on repeatable, scalable, and easy optimization strategies for engaging and converting top accounts. Further, it helps target account list creation, and segmentation, and handles organizational structures.
Why is Ideal Customer Profile Important?
An ideal customer profile helps in understanding the specific types of customers for your sales teams to pursue. A sales rep is a critical element of your marketing strategies; make sure that they spend their valuable time on accounts that are actually willing to take action.
- Sales reps should have leads based on the ideal customer profile. Want to know why is ideal customer profile important?
- Helps to focus the marketing and sales strategies on accounts that actually matter and are likely to buy from you now.
- You will be able to make sales to companies with high success potential for using the product or service.
- A smart shortlist for companies to emphasize, track their buying behavior, and act fast on the relevant accounts.
- Hyper targeting and personalizing of marketing efforts.
How to Create an Ideal Client Profile?
Spend a few hours while you work on researching and understanding your ideal audience. Get insights through surveys, webinars, and events and expand your network to access the right set of audiences.
Even though expansion is important, you need to understand that focusing on a specific niche is even more essential. You may also be marked as a spammer if you keep on expanding the multiple interest areas. It is most common in social media that spammers get blocked if the posts are irrelevant to their audience.
Therefore, it is crucial to have the ideal customer profile handy to anchor to them and build the perfect connection with the profile.
Steps to Identify Ideal Customer Profile
Sort the data based on the following parameters or categories
- Online Spending Budget
- Geographic Location
- Size of Company
- Level of Authority
- Sole Earner at Home
- News Source
Only when you can understand your customers‘ needs can you truly deliver the right marketing campaign.
Discover Your Ideal Clients
To figure out your ideal customers profiles in Malaysia, you need to connect with the existing clients personally. You may also approach social media to analyze them. Yes, it will take a lot of your time initially. But, once you have the Ideal customer persona ready, you can focus on sales and marketing efforts. Seek information that helps you connect with your audience. Also, it is easy to lose focus while finding this kind of information.
Read Also: B2B Email Marketing Automation in Malaysia
Steps on how to Build an Ideal Customer Profile?
Make a List of Best Clients
Start with creating a list of the best of your clients. You may use the following questions to judge your best clients:
- What are the profitable accounts on your list?
- What have clients been consistent and persistent with your agency?
- Which client signed up with you within or below the normal sales cycle limit?
- Does the client delay on projects?
- Do the clients provide feedback and respond promptly?
- Do the clients pay within the collection time frame?
- Is the work of the client fulfilling?
- Does the client provide positive or constructive feedback?
- Do you provide higher ROI while administering the services to the clients?
Do not forget to bring your analytics data from your other employees’ automation tools. See if they align with the clients you jotted down and create a common-best clients list.
Conduct Client Interviews
Client interviews help gather quantitative and qualitative analyses of the clients to balance out the information gathered on the ideal customer profiles. Use the survey tool to gather a little more data on them. You can make decision-based on the following questions:
Decision Maker information-
- What is your role?
- How long have you been with the company?
- What skills do you require to work on your job?
- What tools do you use in your job?
- Who do you report to? Who reports to you?
- What does your typical day look like?
- What is the industry you work in?
- What is the size of the company in terms of revenue and employee?
- Where are you located?
- What is the marketing budget per year?
- What percentage of outside resources do you use?
- What is your sales cycle?
Goals & Challenges
- What are your job roles and responsibilities?
- What is the measurement of your job?
- What are your biggest challenges and successes?
- What does it mean to be successful in your position?
Information Search Process
- What sites and publications do you frequently visit for new information?
- What groups do you belong to?
- What social networks do you use, and how do you use them?
- How do you begin a new search for a new agency?
- How do you handle conflict?
- How do you like to work?
- What is your preferred communication style?
- Why is it difficult to work with an agency?
- What challenges did they face while onboarding with us during the sales cycle?
- Where did you learn about our firm?
- Why did you decide to work with our agency?
- What does a decision process look like for your team?
- How are we unique compared to other agencies?
- What essential qualities do they look for in an agency?
- What have they stayed with X years?
Compile Information to Create your Profile
When you are done, you will have all the vital information in hand that needs to be organized and segregated for further use. Based on the following outline, you can create your ideal customer profile:
- Personality or Communication Style
- Challenges and how agencies address the challenges
- Purchasing Process
- Agency elevator pitch for a specific segment
Reaching your Malaysian ICP Effectively becomes more accessible and more convenient once you have created a detailed and in-depth client profile. Help your marketing teams, sales teams, strategies, and account managers handle and review the customer profiles. You may also create a shorter version to easily remember and identify the ideal customer profile.
Find Target ICP with AI Sales Intelligence
Now you have built an understanding of the ideal customer profile; it is time to get the desired sales intelligence.
After creating ICP, the next step is to gather and build a list of potential target ICPs. You may leverage innovative technological tools to find and build your target ICP. If you are confused about where to find your target ICP with AI sales intelligence, then you are at the right platform.
Marketers can leverage the instant database by Ampliz to run their marketing campaigns directly without hovering over diverse strategies. Knowing that one size does not fit all, we have created a sales intelligence that can be filtered as per the marketer. Go through the database, select the demographics, technographic, and firmographics information you are targeting, then you get the list of desired ideal customer profiles.
For instance, if you are looking for the best sales intelligence companies in Malaysia, Ampliz is the best go-to platform. Get in-depth information on your ideal customer profiles along with the basic information for you to reach out for a quick connection.
Happy what you read? Give a try Ampliz Sales Intelligence for comprehensive information on your ICP.